Post-Pandemic Public Space: Perspectives from Urban Design, Public Health, & Urban Mobility
Time & Location
About the Event
Covid-19 and the social distancing it imposed have presented challenges and opportunities to public spaces. After months of lockdown, many cities have started opening up. But are our public spaces ready to be used again? How can we prepare public spaces to ensure that urban life can be resumed, while observing the requirements imposed by Covid-19?
The first Urban Talk webinar from PEREKABANDAR features experts from urban design, public health, and urban mobility to discuss:
● The impact of Covid-19 on public space and urban mobility.
● The challenges faced by public health in relation to urban life and public space
● Public health recommendations on opening up public space and urban mobility.
● Urban mobility strategies to adapt to Covid-19 requirements
● The role of urban design in mitigating the impact of Covid-19 on public space.
- Dr. Shuhana Shamsuddin (President of PEREKABANDAR. Retired Professor of Urban Design, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Prof. Datuk Dr. Lokman Hakim Sulaiman (Professor of Public Health International Medical University, KL, WHO Advisory Group, Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Framework, Geneva (2017 - 2019)(2020 - 2021)
- Assoc. Prof. TPr. Dr. Syariah Bachok (Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design, International Islamic University Malaysia)
- Dr. Nurul Azreen Azlan (Razak Faculty of Technology and Infomatics, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
The Urban Talk free webinar will take place on Saturday, 25 July 2020, 10.00-11.30am (GMT +8).
You can watch it on Perekabandar FB Live or watch it here on https://www.perekabandar.org.my